For more information about how to set up our Jigoshop Canada Post Shipping Extension please visit our Screen Cast.
The Canada Post Shipping Module is a great way to extend your customers shopping experience to include a very sophisticated shipping service. This shipping extension uses the product’s weight and dimensions to calculate the most accurate rates possible using Canada Post’s Sell-Online (http://sellonline.canadapost.ca).
To ensure the accuracy when returning a rate from the Canada Post API it requires, the shipping country, state and Post code/Zip code.
- This plugin offers a number of shipping methods for both International Shipping and Domestic shipping.
- You can choose specific shipping Services's to display at the checkout.
- You can create Custom boxes to suit the size of your products.
- Using your custom box, you can define the number of items you would like to pack into the custom box and also the maximum weight.
- You can add a handling fee or add a discount to the Shipping cost.
- Set a fallback rate, if the Canada Post APi ever goes down, your customers will always be presented with a price.
- You can re-name the shipping service title's to suit your Website.
- The product dimensions and weight will be used to pack your items into your Custom Boxes or the pre-defined boxes, once a box has reached it's full capacity (using the dimensions and weight of your
products), another box will be added. A Box Packaging Algorithm.
- You can set up as many Customised Boxes as you need to. There is no limit.
All of our Extensions are developed and Supported by Extension Works, there are no 3rd party developers involved. This will ensure that your request's if any, are handled by Extensions Works in a timely and prompt manner. This we can guarantee.
Canada Post can check availability and calculate costs of the following options:
- Regular Parcel
- Expedited Parcel
- Library Books
- Expedited Parcel USA
- Priority Worldwide Envelope USA
- Priority Worldwide pak USA
- Priority Worldwide Parcel USA
- Small Packet USA Air
- Tracked Packet – USA
- Tracked Packet – USA (LVM)
- Xpresspost USA
- Xpresspost International
- International Parcel Air
- International Parcel Surface
- Priority Worldwide Envelope Int
- Priority Worldwide pak Int’l
- Priority Worldwide parcel Int’l
- Small Packet International Air
- Small Packet International Surface
- Tracked Packet – International'
Options for Canada Post:
- Proof of age required- 18
- Proof of age required- 19
- Card for Pick Up
- Do not safe drop
- Leave at door - Do not Card
You can also add:
Amount for Coverage: coverage (liability coverage)
A service offered by Canada Post that provides compensation for the loss, mishandling or damage of a mailable item.
Extensions tested on a Single Site Installation, multisite installations not recommended.
The box packer is volume based. This will in most cases provide good results, but will never be as accurate as a real person packing a box (see BIN Packing Problem) therefore it is important you understand that packing results are as accurate as they can be and any anomalies should be accepted.)