To use this extension you will need to have a Fastway Account ( You will need to request a Fastway AU API key ) all rates provided from the API are for the Fastway Prepaid labels only. This does not include the Flat Rate pricing.
To view the API pricing visit here:
http://www.fastway.com.au/pricing/courier-rates, and select your origin region.
To use the Fastway Shipping Extension you need to select your Franchise Company in the admin area.
The plugin offers three Services that Fastway provide and you will need to set up your plugin with the correct account type.
Choose user type: Frequent / Normal / *Others
*Others enables you to apply your own shipping rate to a label.
Allow certain WooCommerce products to offer Fastway AU shipping rates only.
If you are using another Extension Works shipping plugin with Fastway AU, for instance Australia Post, you may wish to send certain products with Hunter Express and others with Australia Post.
You can assign which shipping company will ship certain products.
*Only compatible with Extension Works shipping plugins.
- This plugin offers a number of shipping methods for Domestic shipping.
- You can choose specific shipping Services's to display at the checkout.
- You can create Custom boxes to suit the size of your products.
- Using your custom box, you can define the number of items you would like to pack into the custom box by setting up a maximum weight.
- You can add a handling fee.
- Set a fallback rate, if the Fastway APi ever goes down, your customers will always be presented with a price.
- You can re-name the shipping service title's to suit your Website.
- The product dimensions and weight will be used to pack your items into your Custom Boxes or the pre-defined boxes, once a box has reached it's full capacity (using the dimensions and weight of your
products), another box will be added. A Box Packaging Algorithm.
- You can set up as many Customised Boxes as you need to. There is no limit.
- You can ship with Weight Only- Regular sized items are grouped and quoted by weight only: Product dimensions are still taken into consideration. Not recommended if your products have irregular dimensions or have very large dimensions where dimensional weight will be used to determine the shipping price.
- We have added a new feature to our WooCommerce shipping extensions, called ‘Order Limit’.We have allowed you to set up a dollar ( ORDER ) amount in the admin area of our extension. When the dollar ( ORDER ) amount is reached in the cart, the ‘Free Shipping’ feature will be available for your customers.
- New feature added into Fastway AU.
Enter a spend dollar amount into the admin area, Example: $100 to be reached at the checkout.
Once this amount is reached at the checkout, free shipping will be offered.
Select the specific labels to apply the free shipping rate to.
For instance you may want to just offer free shipping to Local and Shorthaul deliveries and exclude National delivery labels.
Need to add more than one origin franchise for shipping?
Now you can use multiple origin franchise ( drop shipping )
There are two options to choose from:
*Set up a global origin zip code / post code ( standard method now available in most shipping plugins )
*Or add a origin Zip Code / Post Code at a product level.
You can use this shipping plugin for multi vendor functionality. You have vendors selling their products on your website, you can set up their products with there own origin Zip Code / Post Code.
This plugin will allow you to offer different services, for instance, Ground, Express, International.
Shipping rates will be provided for all the shipping services enabled, you could have five different origin Zip Codes / Post Code set up, rates will be combined together at the cart / checkout to offer the correct drop shipping rate.
As an example for a Ground shipping service:
Product A is shipped from 90213 shipping to 19026 the cost is $12.00 (Example: For Fastway these would be shipped from franchise Melbourne)
Product B is shipped from 08360 shipping to 19026 the cost is $9.00 (Example: For Fastway these would be shipped from franchise Brisbane)
Product C is shipped from 90210 shipping to 19026 the cost is $12.40 (For Fastway these would be shipped from franchise)
Product D is shipped from 63005 shipping to 19026 the cost is $12.00 (For Fastway these would be shipped from franchise)
Total Ground shipping cost is $45.40
What this plugin will allow you to set up:
Let’s just say you have four different Warehouses, each warehouse has it’s own origin. You can set up in the product area where the product will start the shipment from.
This will save your customers money as it is going to provide a true shipping rate.
This plugin can also be used with other multiple origin Zip Code / Post Codes ( drop shipping ) plugins at the same time, for instance you can use USPS and UPS at the same time with your products set up to ship from the warehouses they are located at.
*Origin Zip Codes/ Post Codes must be in the same country. You cannot set up multiple origin Zip Codes / Post Codes in different countries.
To view the Fastway Set Up Guide Video tutorial please visit: WooCommerce Fastway shipping extensionExtensions tested on a Single Site Installation, multisite installations not recommended.
The box packer is volume based. This will in most cases provide good results, but will never be as accurate as a real person packing a box (see BIN Packing Problem) therefore it is important you understand that packing results are as accurate as they can be and any anomalies should be accepted.)